Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RIP My Computer

I think my computer/laptop is completely dead. Or at least it won't turn on despite the fact that it has an almost full battery. I was using it and it simply died on me. I knew it was coming, but I thought I still had more time. I've been using it less, since I do have this--Samuel's computer--on loan for a few months--at least until Alan enters college. However, it makes me so sad that my computer is dead. Besides, it's a mac and there are things I can do on it that I can't figure out how to do on a pc. For example, making a pdf of this blog post. Easy as pie on a mac, but impossibly difficult for me to figure out how to do on this computer. I may sound silly, but it really does make me sad that my computer died. I copied everything off of it a couple weeks ago since it was really worrying me, but oh how sad it makes me to say good-bye to it. It's been a good friend to me. Maybe someday I'll own a new computer, but I don't have the means to buy one and I only got the one I had 'cause Nathan bought a new computer and gave me his old laptop.

At least I had it for a year. And I just realized what I did lose--all of my numerous internet bookmarks. Oh well, se la vi. That's what I get for relying on my computer to remember things for me. Whatever. I'm silly and it's late. I should go to bed and continue mourning the loss of my computer tomorrow.

RIP Computer--you served me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodreads

Karen Porter's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists