Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nostalgia

Nostalgia. Memories. What could of been, what was, what is, and what might be.

Today I attended the high school graduation of one of my younger brothers. It took place in the same place I graduated. Many of the same teachers there. Familiar faces. Etc.

Tonight as I worked on the computer I listened to my "Bing Crosby" station on Pandora Radio. I love those old-time songs, and the lyrical voices of singers like Bing, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, Fred Astaire, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, and so many more with classic songs like "When You Wish Upon A Star," "It Had to Be You," and "The Very Thought of You."

Living at home also brings back memories. Living in my hometown brings back memories. And remembering leads me to ponder what my future will be. At this point I have no clue whatsoever. Not really. And I guess that's okay. For now. For always? I'm not sure. Uncertainty and a sort of limbo are okay for a time, but I'd like a direction. Maybe I have direction and don't realize is. Who knows. Time will tell the tale...

Well, it's getting late and I've got church in the morning. I want to try to write more often. Hopefully I shall. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodreads

Karen Porter's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists