Friday, February 26, 2010

I know it's very late...

I know it's very late, but I just wanted to write a little. I am SO grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. If I did not I would probably be in a very not happy state. I am far from prefect and have plenty of problems and issues, but the foundation of the gospel keeps me grounded. It keeps me from falling completely apart. I don't think I could make it through life without the gospel. I make mistakes--often, and am unwise, yet I wish I could share my foundation with others. I wish there was some way to help them SEE the happiness the gospel brings. Life isn't peaches and cream, but it's better than it could be.

There is much good in life. And to find it we must seek for it and be grateful for it. I am quite tired, but I wish I could do more. I want to try harder, to not let fear dictate my actions, to not become overwhelmed but to face life with courage, hope, and faith. I love the Plan of Salvation. Even though I do not know what the future may bring, I do know that Christ will always be there for me. I have many weaknesses and faults that I need to work on, but I hope that in some small measure I can touch the lives of others for good. I hope that I can see clear and true and allow love to guide my actions.

I could easily be awake when the rest of the family begins arising for the day. I hope to not be though, but while I am tired, my mind is also churning. I want to try to be a better friend. And now I'm going to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodreads

Karen Porter's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists