Saturday, July 31, 2010

Balance

I just wanted to write something short today. Lately I've been trying to work on writing (hence the two new Melly stories). I've been setting goals--I reached my goal for July. The goal I set for August is a bit daunting and I'm not sure if I'll make it, but I'm going to try. I enjoy writing, even when I don't feel that what I right is all that great. Right now I'm concentrating on just writing--getting things written even though they are very rough. Once I get more written, I plan to spend time revising as well. I also want to set goals to work on transcribing what I've recorded with my digital voice recorder. To help me reach all these goals I'm setting rewards--those especially help me when I'm tired and just don't feel like doing anything.

I love reading. I've started re-reading the Angel series (by Dan Yates). I love those books. At work I am also getting to learn about book marketing. I'm not getting a ton of guidance, but hopefully I'll be able to help market them. I recently read the one that just came out--Patchwork: Pieces of Appalachia by Lena McNicholas. I really enjoyed it, and so I hope I can market it well. I'm trying. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm doing that great of job. But sometimes there are successes. Those make me happy. I just have to remember to be persistent. And to follow up and follow up and follow up.

I'm also trying to figure out what to do about my health, yet mostly just want to try and ignore it. I went to an alternative medicine person this week. I wasn't a big fan. I don't know if it was the person, the plan or what, but in short, I'm not a big fan. I'm also trying to get a rheumatologist appointment. That's not working out too well and I sometimes wonder if I even need to or want to go. I certainly don't want to take off work to do so. Having health problems carries its own stigma and considering the person who had my job before me had to leave because of health problems I don't want to make it seem like the same. Not that I have MS like they found out she does (which is much, much worse than what I have to deal with). But as I was using spider killer spray the other day a co-worker told me to be careful--my chair is cursed, seeing as how people who sit there develop health problems. Anyway.

I have lots of things I want and need to get done. It's hard to find a balance in life but maybe someday I will. A balance in and with everything. That is one thing I didn't particularly like about that alternative medicine person's approach--it is such an unbalanced and extreme way to live. But whatever. Maybe someday it won't seem so extreme to me. Though I don't know that I would ever want to completely give up sugar. Besides, someone I trust once said that she'd tried not eating sugar and had found that balance and moderation in all things is the better course. I tend to listen better and more to people I trust. Ta Ta For Now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodreads

Karen Porter's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists